ASSET-BASED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
BUILDING, TOGETHER, ON WHAT WE HAVE
- One of the most useful things we can do in our communities, towns, cities & country is to focus on what we *do* have, and build change from those starting-point assets.
- Methodologies exist to help us identify these starting-point "assets" (people, groups, places, laws, tools, resources .. anything) and to kick off initiatives locally to build change from those starting points.
- Let's get good at this; begin, learn lessons, share, improve; and make real change in our communities, towns, cities and right across Ireland - starting with what we already have.
- This is a collaboration-space waiting to be filled; an opportunity to contribute, and to lead locally.
- It's a new initiative, and it’s up to the community, the city and county, businesses, institutions, nonprofits, families & individuals to make this happen. We need your energy, ideas - and action!
- We need to build awareness and engagement; so, please share this idea, page & platform on Social Media. Promote it locally in your community. Tell your employer, school, colleagues, friends. Shout it loud!
- And other than that - just dive in, let's see what we can do, together. To begin, connect with the the community (see the Community button, below). Let’s get started!
WeCanCork is funded by our Corporate Sponsors to empower their teams & communities to transform lives, society & the planet.