SOCIAL HEALTH & CONNECTION
BECAUSE WE’RE BETTER TOGETHER.
- Social connection is a significant factor in both physical & mental health, as well as in happiness & quality of life.
- For example, connection & friendship increase longevity and reduce risks of suicide and substance abuse.
- Covid-19 has caused deep isolation and social disconnection. As we recover & build back, we must seek to leave nobody behind.
- Specific services, agencies & befriending networks work to combat loneliness & isolation. How can we support these?
- How might Cork companies play a role in supporting these initiatives?
- What else can be done? Note that online & phone connection is still connection, and is important.
- How can we come together in WeCanCork to ensure we do the very best that can be done to eradicate loneliness and isolation in our local society?
- How can we support existing initiatives, agencies & befriending networks?
- What family & neighbourhood actions can each of us take? What systems can we create? What actions must we start?
WeCanCork is funded by our Corporate Sponsors to empower their teams & communities to transform lives, society & the planet.
From the Community
- About the Social Health & Connection (Cork) category February 18, 2021(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters.) Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules: Why should people use this category? What is it for? How […]